The Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection will be the last Mattel WWE Elite 2-pack before the line takes a break, Mattel WWE marketing manager Steve Ozer announced during an Instagram unboxing last night.
Even though Elite 2-packs will take a break, Ozer said they will return in the future, so collectors shouldn’t be concerned.
Ozer tackled a number of topics during the Q&A portion of the unboxing. Of note:
- Kofi Kingston in his Skeletor-inspired gear from the 2021 Money in the Bank event is a foregone conclusion. It’s just finding a place for it in the line.
- Ozer listed off potential Mattel Creations crowd sourced offerings, from interview sets, to Hell in a Cell, if the Ultimate Edition New Generation Arena is successful.
- Ozer said the neon entrance way will not be released if the crowd sourced project is unsuccessful.
- The New Generation ring is scaled properly to the Mattel line of figures, Ozer said. However, it is smaller than the Elite Scale Rings of the past.
- The New Generation ring would ship in summer 2022.
- The Ultimate Edition Sgt. Slaughter pre-sell is limited to two per person.
More to come later this week.