The WWE Defining Moments line will return in 2023 as an exclusive to online wrestling action figure retailer Ringside Collectibles. The return of the Defining Moments line next year — starting with King of the Ring 1998 Mankind — was announced during today’s Ringside Fest online reveals.
Mattel WWE marketing director Steve Ozer shared additional details on the WrestlingFigs.com forum today. Here’s what we know so far:
- Defining Moments figures will be in the Elite form factor;
- They will “not typically” come with multiple head sculpts. Those will “predominantly” be reserved for Ultimate Edition figures;
- The number of Defining Moments figures will “fluctuate from year to year,” but expect “more than one” with the relaunch;
- The rebooted Defining Moments line will mark a return to the spirit of the original line capturing the moments that defined a character’s career. Figures slated to follow Mankind will be within that context;
- The Defining Moments “packaging will be a little evolved with visual nods to the original.”
No word yet when Mankind will go up for pre-order.